Friday, March 8, 2013

Game Graphic 8

    Here comes Normal map. Such an amazing technology which has changed computer graphic dramatically. Honestly Speaking, I have no idea that what "map" mean here before this class. So I had do lots of reading to figure it out. But I believe the time I spent on the reading are worth and important. It gives me lots of information beyond class.
    Here is results that "RAISED" raised and "SUNKEN" sunken on cube surface.





  My camera work as rotation effect so I have to change  older transparent entity (close to Camera) to use normal materiel for observe the result. So it ruined transparent effect already created(below). This remind me how important the design process. (My program do not have the function to close to the object at first because I don't know it should have in future.) Or it will cause lots of trouble.
                            

 John's class ask us to do lots of stuff beyond game graphic. It's hard and painful experience to grasp them at first. But once you cut them down one by one(plus new stuff coming and merged). I gradually know why we should do task like this way. And what the benefit to do like this.

Code




No comments:

Post a Comment